Starting this May 21, 2012 we will pedal for charity for 5 days through all SILICA’s UK offices, our suppliers and selected universities (appr. 750 km).
Well, when we say We, we mean our own Laurence Dellicott and Peter Carr and also some friends from our suppliers. So far, we have 7 people confirming that they will pedal through the whole route and there also others that will be joining on specific legs/days of the race. We do expect this number to grow.
Why we do this?
Our goal is to raise funds for two charities and one cause and make a difference for someone’s life:
- Neuroblastoma Alliance
- Alzheimer’s Research UK
- UK’s next generation of Electronic Engineers – we are still working out the details, so follow our blog and we will let you know as soon as everything is fininalized.
Who can donate?
You will have the opportunity to exercise your right to donate through the specifically created JustGiving pages. All funds raised there go straight to The Neuroblastoma Alliance and the Alzheimer’s Research UK organizations.
- May 21, 2012 – Bolton, Manchester Uni, NXP, Newcastle-Under-Lyme
- May 22, 2012 – Newcastle-Under-Lyme, Stafford Uni, Aston Uni, Birmingham Uni, Warwick
- May 23, 2012 – Warwick, Warwick Uni, Intel, Newbury
- May 24, 2012 – Newbury, Reading Uni, Microchip, White Waltham, ST, Aylesbury
- May 24, 2012 – Aylesbury, Freescale, Renesas, Hatfield Uni, Stevenage
So, come and join us! Whether by pedaling with us or simply by donating to one of the charities, we do believe these causes are worth everyone’s while.